The Black Country LEP is always working to secure funding to make available to its businesses or those seeking to invest here. Currently there is an ever-changing and potentially confusing array of funds open to businesses with different deadlines and eligibility criteria.
Funding programmes currently in operation in the Black Country include:
- Black Country Growth Deal funding – capital grant programme to unlock key housing and employment sites, create more highly skilled jobs and support economic growth throughout the Black Country.
- Black Country Investment Fund – PWLB loan fund to bring forward the development of contaminated or previously used sites for manufacturing use.
- Strategic Housing Infrastructure Fund – PWLB loan fund to assist with strategic infrastructure investment and facilitate medium and large scale residential development projects.
- Site Investigation Fund – grant programme for private sector landowners to investigate sites conditions, de-risk sites in advance of marketing and to understand cost implications in advance of remediation works in relation to both commercial and residential sites.
- Black Country Growing Places Loan and Gap Funding – programme to bring forward stalled development sites that will generate employment floorspace or residential units and would be in a position to proceed on site within 6 months.